Terms & Conditions
TERMS & CONDITIONS GO-EXPERIENCE
** COVID-19 TERMS & CONDITIONS **
Due to the virus we can not guarantee any tour or travel package. We are bound and following the rules and restrictions of the Dutch, Belgium and Luxembourg governments.
We urge our clients to always check the local rules and restrictions before booking a tour or travel package, before entering a country and participate in a tour or excursion.
If participants (clients, travellers) are ignoring or breaking the government rules or restrictions, GO Experience is allowed to deny specific participants or even cancel the tour or travel package without a refund.
Our terms & conditions under normal circumstances
When you book with GO Experience hereafter “the company”, these Terms and Conditions are applicable to the entire process, in other words from ‘Before booking the travel package’ through to ‘After the travel ‘.
These Terms and Conditions are also applicable on all trade names of GO Experience, like Rotterdam Experience and The Hague Experience.
“The company’s” Terms and Conditions are also applicable if the travel agent (booking office) organizes and offers a travel package itself, under its own name, or sells travel packages for a travel organizer which is not established in the Netherlands.
“The company’s” Booking Terms and Conditions are applicable to all other forms of service provision by the travel organizer and/or the travel agent (booking office). If it is not clearly stated which terms and conditions are applicable, the “The company’s” Terms and Conditions are applicable.
Online offers by travel organizers
The range of products offered by a travel organizer ‘online’ can change rapidly. It is therefore recommended that you make a screenshot (Print Screen) of the screen on which the offer of the travel organizer is shown, so that there can be no lack of clarity in the matter later.
The travel organizer (and/or travel agent) and traveller can agree on clauses which are supplementary to these terms and conditions. These clauses must be set down in writing or electronically, and are intended to strengthen the position of the traveller. The clauses cannot have any effect on the rights which the traveller has on the grounds of the law and of these general terms and conditions. In the event of a conflict between an individually agreed clause and these general terms and conditions, the provision which is most advantageous to the traveller will apply.
“The company’s” TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. The following terms are defined as follows in these Travel Terms and Conditions:
the party which, in the performance of its business, offers prearranged travel packages under its own name to the public or to a group of persons.
a. the other party of the travel organiser, or
b. the party on whose behalf the travel package has been arranged, and who has
accepted this arrangement, or
c. the party to which the legal relationship with the travel organizer has been
transferred, in accordance with these terms and conditions.
Travel contract: the contract under which a travel organizer undertakes vis-à-vis its other party to provide a prearranged travel package offered by the travel organizer, which can include transport, accommodation, another tourist service, not related to transport or accommodation, which forms a significant part of the travel package.
Working days: Mondays through Friday, with the exception of legally recognized public holidays.
Office hours: Mondays through Fridays from 9 AM to 6:00 PM (Amsterdam time), with the exception of legally recognized public holidays.
2. These travel terms and conditions are applicable to all contracts with GO Experience. The travel organizer can stipulate that these travel terms and conditions are also applicable to contracts relating to other travel packages, including accommodation-only contracts and shuttle journeys by coach, as long as this is stated in the publication.
Information provided by the travel organizer
1. The travel organizer will provide or ensure the provision of information, pertaining to the nationality, on passports, visas and any formalities to the traveller.
The traveller him/herself is responsible for obtaining the necessary additional information from the relevant authorities and to ascertain in good time before departure whether or not the information previously obtained has changed.
2. The traveller/ travel organizer will provide or ensure the provision of information to the traveller on the possibility to take out cancellation insurance and travel insurance.
3. The travel organizer accepts no responsibility for general information in photos, folders, advertisements, websites and other information carriers, if these have been drawn up or published by third parties.
Information provided by the traveller
1. Before or no later than at the time the contract is concluded, the traveller will provide the booking office or the travel organizer with all information regarding him/herself and the travellers for which he/she has made a booking which could be of importance in the conclusion or realization of the contract. This will include the numbers of his/her mobile telephones and e-mail addresses, if available.
2. The traveller must provide information concerning the physical and/or mental condition of the traveller(s) (including the use of alcohol, drugs or medicines) if this physical and/or mental condition could result in discomfort, danger or risks to the traveller or to other travellers (passengers and/or crew) or the property of third parties. The passenger is aware that the coach/carrier (for example the captain of an airplane) can refuse the passenger the right to further transport if the information turns out to be incorrect or has not been provided.
3. The traveller must also indicate any details which could be of importance to the proper realization of the travel package by the travel organizer in terms of the capacity or composition of the party for which he/she has made a booking.
1. Termination by travel organizer due to low participation The travel organizer is entitled to terminate the contract with immediate effect if the number of bookings is lower than the required minimum number. It will state the period of notice and the required minimum number of bookings clearly in the offer. Termination must take place in writing within the period stated in the confirmation.
2. Booking party
a. A person who enters into an obligation in the name of or on behalf of another person (the booking party) is jointly and severally liable for all the obligations arising from the contract.
b. All communication (including payment) between the traveller(s) on the one hand and the travel organization and/or the booking office on the other hand will take place exclusively through the booking party.
3. Published details and restrictions
a. If the agreed travel package is included in a publication of the travel organizer, the details contained in this form part of the contract.
b. If the travel organizer has included general restrictions in the general section of the program, and these conflict with the travel terms and conditions, the provisions most favorable to the traveller will be applicable.
4. Departure and arrival times
Departure and arrival times for transport components will be stated in the travel documents. These times are definitive.
1 TERMS OF BOOKINGS
1. All published rates are in net EUROS. Rates are non commissionable and based on tariffs. Rates and taxes are currently in force and subject to availability.
2. GO Experience will only accept bookings and inquiries in writing or by e-mail.
3. Booking requests shall be made by sending a complete request (in English or Portuguese) with full details of the Client by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. All bookings must be confirmed in writing within GO Experience office hours (from Monday till Friday 09:00-17:00hrs local Amsterdam time)
5. All reservations are subject to availability. GO Experience is obliged to send a confirmation or refusal according to the Client within 48 hours (during working days) of a previewed booking.
6. GO Experience reserves the right to cancel the booking despite a written confirmation within 48 hours without given a reason.
7. GO Experience regrets that if the payment is not received on time as per article 8 may cancel the booking.
8. GO Experience reserves the right to alter the travel services which does not effect the standard and occupation. GO Experience will notify by email and obtain binding acceptance of this change the Client about the changes before selling the travel services.
9. Options will expire automatically on the release dates.
10. A final rooming list is due 14 days prior to arrival in the Netherlands. From 14 days up to 7
days a deviation of 5% of the total rooming requirement is allowed. A deviation of within 7 days before arrival is subject to 100% cancellations costs.
11. We will do our best to meet your request for alterations to the booking which you have
confirmed. However if this would involve major alterations to the confirmed arrangements, such as change in arrival, departure or accommodation, we may be liable to pay cancellation charges on your behalf. Therefore we reserve the right to treat the original booking as cancelled by you and it will be subject to the cancellation charges as shown below.
12. If any cancellation reduces the size of the group, the rates will be adjusted to reflect the new group size.
2 TRAVEL SUM
1 The total sum stated in the contract is in EURO’S as per person/per group/ etc., is fixed and all required services are included, subject to an obvious clerical error. Any extra costs will be stated clearly.
2 The total sum is based on the prices, levies and taxes that were known to the Client at the time of its publication.
3 The alleged total sum in the contract may be up to 1 month before departure to be revised up or down, to the extent that the revision is the result of a change in: a) the exchange rates applied to the journey and / or b) transportation costs, including fuel costs, and / or c) the charges for certain services and taxes. If the increase exceeds 15% of the total price, the Client may cancel the contract without compensation. In that case the traveler is entitled to reimbursement of all the amounts he has paid to the tour operator.
4 Individual extra’s, like minibar, additional drinks or other services, must be settled by the participants prior to the group’s departure on site.
5 Changes to travel sum
a The travel organizer is entitled to increase the travel sum in the context of changes to the transport costs (including fuel costs), the taxes and levies owed, up to 14 calendar days before the date of departure (in the case of accommodation-only contracts, before the date of arrival at the first booked accommodation).
b The traveller is entitled to reject an increase to the travel sum as referred to in paragraph 1. The traveller must make use of this right within three working days of receipt of notification of the increase, on penalty of forfeiture.
c The traveller him/herself is responsible for having the necessary travel documents with him/her, such as a valid passport or, where permitted, an identity card and any necessary visas. The traveller him/herself is responsible for having a travel insurance and all needed vaccinations and medical controlls.
d After the contract has been realized, the traveller can request changes to it. This is subject to the condition that the traveller pays the amended travel sum, after deduction of the amounts already paid. Furthermore, the traveller is required to pay an amendment fee per booking, and, if appropriate, communication costs, as stated in the offer.
6. A change to the departure date or a reduction to the number of paying passengers will be considered a cancellation or part cancellation.
7. The traveller can be substituted by another person, in good time before commencement of the travel package.
3 CHANGES IN TRAVEL SERVICES
1. The travel organizer is entitled to change the agreed service provision due to exceptional circumstances
2. In the event of a change, the travel organizer will make the traveller an alternative offer, if possible. This will be done within three calendar days of being notified of the change. The alternative offer must be at least equivalent to the original booking.
4 PAYMENT CONDITIONS
1. At the moment the contract is realized, a deposit of 10% of the total agreed travel sum must be paid. Two months prior to the arrival day a total of 50% of the total agreed travel sum must be paid. The remainder of 50% of the total travel sum must be in the possession of the booking office no later than 1 month before the day of arrival. The traveller will be in default if payment is not made on time. If the traveller does not pay on time, the travel organizer will send the traveller a payment reminder at no charge. If payment has still not been made by that time, the contract will be deemed to have been cancelled on the day of default. The travel organizer is entitled to charge the cancellation costs owed in this context. In such cases, the cancellation fee will be deducted from the amounts already paid.
2. To book Last Minute tours or travel programs the Client shall pay the whole amount immediately and at least 1 week before the beginning of the tour/program. The Client shall send a proof of payment by email to GO Experience to confirm this booking.
3. In case GO Experience is not getting the agreed amount from the Client, the Client lose the right to use the travel services.
4. A traveller who does not comply with a financial obligation to the travel organizer in good time will owe the statutory interest rate on the remaining amount owed. The traveller will also be required to reimburse any collection costs reasonably incurred by the travel organizer. These amounts will be a maximum of: 20% of travel sums up to €2,500; 15% of the subsequent €2,500 and 10% of the subsequent €5,000.
It must be duly noted that any payment made more than 60 days after the date of issue of the invoice is considered a legal offence punishable by law.
5. If GO Eexperience is placed in the position where they are forced to take legal action to recover outstanding amounts, the incasso or juridical legal costs and lost interest will be added in full to the amount owed by the Client.
6. GO Experience reserves the right to cancel all arrangements and bookings without prior notice in case of non-compliance with the above mentioned terms. In this case cancellation terms in this contract will also apply.
7. “The company’s” is not responsible for any promises made by his/her staff and/or third parties.
Cancellation/changes instigated by the client. Any cancellations of or changes to the order(s) issued can only take place on working days and only at the request of the client. In the event that, at the request of the client, a cancellation takes place or changes are made to reservations already made, the costs relating to this will be charged. These can be cancellation or amendment costs charged by the service provider, and/or the costs which the travel agent is forced to incur in order to realize the cancellation or change.
Cancellations must be in writing and will come into force on the day it is received by GO Experience. During office hours only from 09:00 till 17:00hrs (local Amsterdam Time). GO Experience will reconfirm the cancellation. You must always request GO Experience to reconfirm the cancellations as evidence that the cancellation has in fact been effected.
5.1. Cancellation by the traveller
In the event that a contract is cancelled, “the company”, can charge the traveller the following:
- 1. All booked (regular) tours and entrance tickets. These are non-refundable and can not be changed for another time or date. We charge a 100% fee.
- 2. In case of cancellation more than 92 days before the traveller(s) arrival day, the Client is not obliged to make any payment to GO Experience. Except all mentioned at point 1.
- 3. In case of cancellation between 91 and 62 days the traveller(s) arrival day, the Client is obliged to pay 15% of the total amount stated in the contract/invoice to GO Experience. Plus all mentioned at point 1.
- 4. In case of cancellation between etween 61 and 32 days before the traveller(s) arrival day, the Client is obliged to pay 35% of the total amount stated in the contract/invoice to GO Experience. Plus all mentioned at point 1.
- In case of cancellation between 31 and 17 days before the traveller(s) arrival day, the Client is obliged to pay 60% of total amount to GO Experience. Plus all mentioned at point 1.
- In case of cancellation between 16 and 10 days before the traveller(s) arrival day, the Client is obliged to pay 85% of total amount. Plus all mentioned at point 1.
- 9 Days or less before the traveller(s) arrival day, the Client is obliged to pay 100% of total amount.
Late payment of contractual down payments (other than the first down payment) shall also equate to total cancellation. If the payment deadlines are not met, GO Experience shall be entitled to demand from the Client the immediate payment of the group balance. The Client’s payment must reach GO Experience within 3 days from the date of GO Experience’s written request. Should payment not be made within this period, the group booking shall be considered cancelled by the Client.
In the event that the entire group or one or more members of a group or individual traveller fails to arrive, or in the event of the interruption of the stay, the Client shall pay GO Experience compensation equal to 100% of the amount, inclusive of all taxes and services for the totality of the stay at the rate indicated in the contract/invoice. No claim may be made by the Client following a no-show.
5.3. Partial Cancellation
Partial cancellation of a group shall correspond to a reduction in the amount of the quote regardless of the origin: reduction in the length of the group’s stay, reduction in the number of rooms and/or people and/or associated services ordered.
In the event of the partial cancellation of the contract by the Client, a cancellation fee shall be invoiced and calculated in the following way:
If the cancellation request is received by GO Experience in written or by e-mail and confirmed:
• >90 Days before arrival, 100% (%of the number that can be cancelled), no penalty.
• 89-45 Days before arrival, 30% (%of the number that can be cancelled), no penalty. GO Experience reserves the right to cancel the contract.
• 44-28 Days before arrival, 10% (%of the number that can be cancelled), no penalty. GO Experience reserves the right to cancel the contract. Beyond this 50%, the cancellation fees are 50% of the total initial quote.
27-0 Days before arrival, no free cancellations, any cancellation is chargeable.
If following a partial cancellation the number of guests falls below a certain number, GO Experience reserves the right to apply other rates, due to other rates of suppliers of GO Experience.
5.4. Outside office hours
Cancellations made outside office hours are deemed to have taken place on the next working day.
5.5. Late arrival
In the event of late arrival, after the restaurant has closed, meals not served shall be invoiced. It is duly specified that cancellations made less than 4 days prior to arrival for the Dinner shall be invoiced at 100%.
5.6. Booking Costs
When the Client decides not to book the Travel Program made for the Client by GO Experience or decides to make a total cancellation, the Client can be charged an additional fee of minimum € 500 and maximum € 1.500 by GO Experience for organising the program, including reservations- and administration costs.
You have to issue your own vouchers which will state: “ Booking and payment through GO Experience”. Vouchers are honored by the understanding that each voucher states the correct information, concerning the booking details confirmed by GO Experience. You can only issue vouchers to clients for bookings which are reconfirmed by GO Experience, therefore we are not responsible for any errors or mistakes made on your behalf.
7 INCASSO COSTS
If GO Experience is placed in the position where we are forced to take legal action to recover outstanding amounts, the incasso or juridical legal costs and lost interest will be added in full to the amount owed by the Client.
GO Experience reserves the right to cancel all arrangements and bookings without prior notice in case of non-compliance with the above mentioned conditions.
8 RULES AND BEHAVIOUR
The Client undertake not to invite in any person whose behaviour may be prejudicial to the parts of the travel program. GO Experience reserves the right to intervene if necessary. The Client undertakes to ensure that participants and their guests comply with all the rules and regulations of GO Experience, her partners and the Dutch law. The Client shall ensure that participants do not disturb the operation or undermine the security. The Client undertakes to remind participants of the above provisions and to take responsibility for ensuring they comply with them.
For the safety and travel mood of the other passengers GO Experience has the right to remove a traveler from the travel program if he/she is severely misbehaving. This person has no right to refund. All additional costs will have to be paid by the traveler on site.
1. The Client shall pay the expenses incurred when the Client asks for the personal accompaniment of a tour conductor for such purposes as guiding shopping, etc., costs arising from client injury or illness, the return of lost baggage or articles left behind owing to personal negligence, as well as changes incurred by independent activity.
2. The client shall accept all responsibility for decisions regarding individual purchases at souvenir shops even when the shops are introduced by GO Experience or its partners.
3. Other matters are subject to the Travel Contract, including related tour documents presented separately.
All our quotations and contracts are due to Dutch law. Disputes must be brought forward to the Dutch court in Rotterdam. GO Experience acts solely on behalf of passengers in the capacity of an agent, therefore GO Experience takes no responsibility for obvious mistakes or faults of third parties involved. Our liability will be limited to 100% of reservation value.
10.1. Liability of the Client
1 Each traveler of the Client is liable for the damages incurred by the tour operator and / or mediator, their staff or their representatives by his mistake, and when he had agreed obligations are not met. The error is evaluated according to the normal behavior of a traveler.
2 Each traveler of the Client is aware of the fact that participation in activities of local agents, for him / her and for third parties, and for his / her goods and / or goods from third party, risks damage injury, damage and consequential damages including entails understood – These risks are explicitly for their own account.
3 Each traveler of the Client is responsible for taking out all necessary insurances like travel-, accident-, luggage- and cancellation insurance. By not taking out all necessary insurances are all possible damages, costs and losts borne by the traveler. GO Experience is not liable for damages, costs and losts incurred by the passenger during the booked trip or event. Not taking out travel-, accident-, luggage- and cancellation insurance by the traveler’s own risk.
4. The Client is called upon to take out specific necessary insurance in the event of the presence of heavy equipment or valuables to the extent that GO Experience cannot be held liable for deterioration or theft of the said goods. The Client shall be liable for all damage caused by its intermediary (in particular by participants or their guests) and undertakes, in the event of the deterioration of the premises or transport placed at its disposal, to bear the costs of restoring the said premises/transport to good condition. Under no circumstances may GO Experience be held liable for damage of any kind, in particular fire or theft, affecting the objects or equipment brought by the Client or users during the performance hereof.
4. The Client shall be liable for claims, costs, expenses, injuries, material damage and financial losses incurred by GO Experience, the Client or third parties resulting from the inability of the Client to meet its obligations under this contract or caused by a wrongful act or omission on the part of the Client, its affiliated companies or end customers. As used here, the Client affiliated companies shall include, among others, its executive officers, employees, directors and consultants.
10.2. Liability of GO Experience
1 GO Experience is responsible for the proper execution of the Travel Program in accordance with the expectations that may have on the basis of the provisions of the Travel Program to GO Experience reasonably, and for the contract obligations regardless of whether such obligations are to be performed by himself or by other service providers, without prejudice to the right of the organizer to hold the other service providers.
2 The travel organizer for the acts and omissions of his agents and representatives acting in the exercise of their function as much as for his own acts and omissions.
3 If an international treaty applies to a service included in the travel contract shall be excluded if appropriate, the liability of the tour operator under that treaty or restricted.
4 As far as the tour operator does not itself perform the services provided in the travel program, its liability for material damage and compensation for the loss of travel enjoyment together once limited to the unanticipated service (s).
5 The tour operator is not liable if and insofar as a traveler of the Client has been harm, and / or could, stories by insurance, such as travel and / or cancellation, as well as the damage falls within the normal risks of the activity.
6 When GO Experience is liable for loss of enjoyment of the traveler, the fee at any time maximum up to the height of once the fare.
7 Notwithstanding the preceding paragraphs of this article is the liability of the tour operator at all times be limited to a maximum of once the fare.
8. GO Experience shall be liable for claims, costs, expenses, injuries, material damage and financial losses incurred by the Client resulting from failure by GO Experience to fulfil any of its obligations under this contract.
If a complaint has not been resolved satisfactorily, it must be submitted in writing, giving details, to the travel organizer, the booking office or GO Experience directly within two weeks after the original date of departure if the travel.
GO Experience will do it’s utmost to solve the problem in an acceptable way. In case the complaint is not solved in a satisfying and acceptable way, GO Experience will need a written letter of complaints within 2 weeks after departure. Complaints of clients who have not communicated to us their problem during their stay and letters of complaints which are not received on time, will not be dealt with.
1. Disputes and claims cannot be taken into consideration unless they are made in writing and sent by recorded delivery letter with acknowledgement of receipt to GO Experience within one week from the end of the event or the invoice date if the claim relates to an invoice. If this deadline is not adhered to, GO Experience will not consider any claims.
2. Dutch law is applicable to the contracts entered into, amended or supplemented on the basis of these Travel Terms and Conditions.
3. All rights of claim will lapse one month after the end of the travel package (or, if the travel package did not take place, one month after the original date of departure).
Our adress details:
3037 EM Rotterdam
RABO Bank Rotterdam, Blaak 333
IBAN: NL35 RABO 0310 8831 64